Thursday, September 10, 2020

Yes I have a new project aka idle hands are the Devil's tools.

While I was knitting the Suolaulu sweater, I discovered yet another knitting podcast by a Finnish yarn designer: Meiju Knits. Of course I had to check out her Ravelry store and found that I really like her style! A lot of her patterns were for cardigans, but she also has some lovely sweaters and shawls and a cool hoodie. A sweater called Southampton Soft caught my eye from one of her videos and I decided to make it. It is a top down pullover with lace panels on the sleeves, a decorative button on the back of the neckband and a relatively snug fit. 

At first I intended to do some stash busting and use one of the Aade Lõng yarns that I have, but I realised that I didn't have enough of it. I also realised that I didn't have 2.75 mm circular needles. Sooooo of course I ordered the needles and went to the shop to buy yarn. Drops is currently having a Merino Madness sale, but when I was looking at the merino yarns in the shop, I couldn't' find a colourway that would've called out to me and also I actually wanted something a little softer. So I went with Drops Nord in the colourway Rust, which is a slightly mottled fall orange. Nord is a sock yarn that contains alpaca, polyamide and wool and feels really nice to the touch. 

For now, I have finished the shoulder increases and am currently working on the sleeve increases: 


And here's a closer look at the lace pattern: 





No comments:

Post a Comment