Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Forkton of Yarn.

OK, OK, maybe it's not that much, but it's still a lot for me, considering that I freed up a second drawer for my stash (which, to be honest, it was surreptitiously taking over anyway).

As I mentioned in a previous post, a local dyer from had a new batch of yarns for sale and of course I had to support local businesses :-) So those two lovely colourful hanks are sock yarn from the Woolmint brand. 

I also decided to order two skeins of self-striping sock yarn from Flotte Socke, because why not. 

But the Baby Merino is actually for my mom! I told her that I wanted to knit a sweater for her and she got to pick the pattern and the colours. I showed her the Ravelry stores of Sari Nordlund and Meiju K-P (Meiju Knits on Youtube) and she chose the Skärgård sweater. The main colour is going to be a rosy pink and the contrasting colour is going to be a natural white. I think it's an excellent choice - not only is the pattern beautiful, but Skärgård is also fun to say! It will probably be a few days before I get to cast it on, but I decided to take advantage of the Drops Merino Mania sale and bought the yarn earlier this week. Of course I have more skeins, but they didn't all fit in the basket :P

No comments:

Post a Comment