Monday, September 21, 2020

State of the Project: Southampton Soft, part II

Yeah no quippy title this time, I'm afraid. 

Today's post was actually going to be about how I finished the body part of the sweater and was moving on to the sleeves, but as I got to the k1p1 ribbing last night, I discovered, much to my chagrin, that I my stitch count was off: it was an odd number instead of an even one. I first thought that I must've picked up a rogue stitch somewhere, so I knit two stitches together to have an even number of stitches and cracked on with the ribbing. But then I counted the stitches again several times and realised that I had actually been missing a stitch, so now I was two stitches short. I also noticed that I had only knit through half of the strands in one stitch several rows before and decided to rip back to that stitch, fix it and look for the place where I lost the one stitch. I found that I had knit two stitches together another few rows before. I decided to not rip back to that place and made a new stitch instead, so now I have the correct amount of stitches and no half-knit ones. Yay me!

Here's where I'm at. Excuse the weird colouring, I took the previous photos in natural light, but this one was taken under lamplight.


In other news, I bought a forkton of yarn today and on Saturday! More on that when everything gets here. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment