Friday, September 4, 2020

Upgrading my yarn winding gear.

Seeing as winding about 200 grams of Kihnu native sheep's wool yarn took me the better part of an evening, and I have several other hanks of yarn and all the prettiest yarns seem to be sold in hanks, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a skein holder and a yarn winder. 

Here they are: 


Learning to use them took me a few minutes and the yarn kept getting stuck in the little metal articulations between the blue bits, so the first ball I made looked a bit messy, but once I attached the yarn winder to the table, used one hand to work the winder and the other one to hold the yarn up, I ended up with pretty neat looking balls of yarn that looked like this: 


I am pretty pleased with the investment. It's going to make winding the yarn for my next projects so much easier :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment