Wednesday, September 2, 2020

State of the Project: Suolaulu sweater, part II

The Suolaulu sweater is coming along nicely. I have finished the part of the body that was knit in the round and the entire front part and am currently working on the back part (17 more rows to go!): 


Pretty, isn't it?

I also tried the sweater on and it is a good fit, but I seem to be using slightly more yarn that what the original pattern suggested - I got four balls from my hank of 8/2 Kihnu native sheep's wool yarn, each weighing around 50 grams, but I have already almost used up the fourth one and I haven't got to the collar or the sleeves yet. That's not really a problem, because I have another hank (the one I bought was almost half a kilo and actually consisted of two separate hanks), but it does mean that I will have do some more winding. Oh well.







No comments:

Post a Comment