Sunday, May 3, 2020

Third time's the charm?

Yesterday, as I was once more thinking about how deserted my unfinished Ocean Breeze jacket was looking on the shelf next to my handcraft books where it had been laying for the better part of the last four months, I decided that it was time to admit that I wouldn't be finishing it and that the yarn would be put to better use in another project. Not that I don't like the pattern, mind you, but I don't really see myself wearing a short-sleeved buttoned lace jacket. Plus, always having to remember to make button holes in the garter stitch band is annoying and buttoned tops tend to sit weirdly on me. Just like with the Aphrodite top, which I was originally going to make, the idea was nice but the execution wasn't worth it for me. 

So just for funsies, I searched the Drops website to see what else I could make with Cotton Light yarn and found this lovely sweater pattern called Clara. It's summery, has a very simple lace pattern, and no nupps or buttonholes! And I already have the necessary yarn and needles anyway.

Now I just need to figure out how to finish a lace scarf and a lace sweater before summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment