Saturday, May 16, 2020

So, what have I done with all the yarn I've ordered?

I used to love going to craft stores to look at yarn, but in recent years, I have become much more partial to ordering online when the mood strikes me to make something. For one reason or another, I have become pretty loyal to the Drops brand (probably because their website has so many patterns that inspire me and it's easiest to just use the recommended yarn; plus their prices are fair and they have several sales each year) and there is a local online store that I order them from called Must ja Roosa, which is designated as a Drops Superstore, meaning that they have pretty much all different yarn types and colours in stock. Also, their delivery is super quick.

So for this post, I thought it would be fun to go back and take a look at the orders I have placed with them since creating my account on their website, and to see what I made with that yarn. This post cold be a longer one, so buckle up.

1. The 31st of May 2017, and then another order on the next day, the 1st of June: I ordered Drops Merino Extra Fine and Drops Paris to make these for a dear friend of mine who had a baby that summer: 

I found the pattern for the crochet bird in a book by Mari-Liis Lille called Cuddly Amigurumi Toys, and the pattern for the baby blanket came from the Drops website. I was very pleased with myself when I completed that project. 

2. Next, on the 1st of November 2017, I ordered some Drops Karisma in natural white and chocolate brown, as well as a crochet hook and let's just say that is still a work in progress. 

3. After a long break, I placed another order on the 5th of December 2018 for some Lima because my mom asked for some mittens to go with her hat, which is black and has pink and red flowers on it. Um, let's just say there was an attempt:

I'm not too happy with how these turned out, I can't fault the yarn, although I probably should have used something finer. The pattern came from a craft group on Facebook. 

4. On the 20th of March 2019, I ordered some Drops Paris and Nepal, as well as a crochet hook, because I got happy news about another baby and made these: 

The Lovey is from a pattern by Featherby and Friends, the jacket is a Drops pattern. Drops even featured my photo on their FB feed after I posted it in the Drops Workshop FB group!

5. On the 21st of May 2019, I ordered a bunch of Drops Cotton Light, which I originally wanted to crochet into a top, but ended up using to make the Clara sweater which you can see in the previous post. 

6. On the 9th of November 2019, I took advantage of the Alpaca Party Sale and ordered some Drops Air to make a hat and Drops Lima to make a pair of felted mittens: 

I really like how the mittens turned out, even though the weather didn't get cold enough to warrant wearing them. The pattern is from the Drops site and it's called Icy Paws. I also like the idea of the hat, and it was a very quick knit, but Drops Air is - true to its name - very light and airy and I always worry that the wind is going to blow it off! I might use a sturdier yarn to make it again. The pattern is called Wild Berry Crush and it's also from the Drops site. 

7. On the 30th of November 2019, I ordered some Drops Nord to make these mittens which by then I had been eyeing for a while: 

The pattern is simply called Kukkalapaset (Flower mittens) and it was made as a KAL for a Finnish craft store by Niina Laitinen whom I've mentioned before. I ended up giving these to my mom. Drops Nord feels delightful to the touch.

8. On the 10th of January 2020, I ordered a whole bunch of Drops Nepal to make the Winter Escape jacket, which I have written about on this blog. 

9. On the 25th of January 2020, I ordered Drops Fabel in natural white and Drops Delight in a pink and purple ombre to make the Pride and Prejudice socks that I finished some weeks ago. 

And yes of course I am waiting for another order :D
But more on that in future posts. 







No comments:

Post a Comment