Monday, August 17, 2020

State of the Project: Fleuriste socks, part I, and new temptations.

I am happy to report that the socks are coming along nicely. Knitting the heel from the bottom up was a little weird, but the German short row technique was fast and easy and I think I may actually prefer it this way. I am currently working on the leg part and I should be able to finish and block the socks before my vacation is over. 


In other news, I started following a Finnish yarn shop called Nurja who came out with the most gorgeous set consisting of yarn and a sweater pattern designed by Jenna Kostet. The sweater is called Suolaulu (Swamp Song) and is inspired by the third poem in the Finnish national epic, Kalevala. It speaks to my Fenno-Ugric soul! The colours of the yarn they chose for the sets (Retrosaria Pegulhal, 100% wool, fingering weight) are gorgeous and definitely evoke a swampy atmosphere. No wonder the sets sold out so fast.

I was super duper tempted to buy a set, but the cost of the delivery from Finland is a bit steep (which I don't blame the store for, that's literally what Itella charges), so I may buy the yarn locally and get the pattern from Jenna's Ravelry store. 

Garnstudio Drops has also began publishing their fall/winter patterns and this lovely pattern called Harvest Queen caught my eye, but I think I like Suolaulu more and once again, how many sweaters does a person really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment