Sunday, April 4, 2021

Some knitting surgery and a new sweater!

After I finished the Ranunculus sweater (which I promise is done, I just haven't got around to taking pretty pictures of it yet!), I was eager to start a new project and settled on a summer top to use some hand-dyed sock yarn from Woolmint that I had in my stash. The design is called Breeze Racerback, and it's by Jessie Mae.  However, when I finished making it to pattern, I decided it was a little too cropped for my taste and decided to do some knitting surgery. I cut the ribbing away from the body: 


I then added about 10 cm of stockinette and grafted it back to the body: 


And this is what the finished object looks like!


You can totally see where I grafted it, so I clearly something wrong, but hey ho I am banking on my décolletage and shoulders drawing the attention away from my waist :D 

This was a fun knit! I originally started with just one skein of a more fall yellow yarn, but ended up doing alternating rounds with a brighter, more summery yellow as well. I don't think it shows.

I had been very tempted to make the Kuutar pullover by Sari Nordlund ever since I first saw it on her IG, but I had mostly been resisting the urge to buy more yarn. However, after I saw her talk about the Kuutar KAL on her Youtube and an IG Live with the girls from Nurja yarn shop, I cracked and decided to go for it. I had enjoyed using Drops Flora so much when I made her Fleuriste pattern, so that's what I went with, as well as Drops Kid-Silk. This is my first time using mohair with another yarn and I love how saaawwft the alpaca and mohair feel together! I am also very much enjoying this lovely unassuming beige colour that goes with everything.








No comments:

Post a Comment