Sunday, April 18, 2021

Next on my needles.

During my days off, after I finished sewing the scarf, I also made some progress on the Kuutar pullover. Currently I have finished the lovely lace yoke and separated the sleeves and body. I was a bit surprised that I had to knit quite a few rounds of stockinette after the lace to achieve the required length of the yoke, but then I realised that the yoke is somewhat longer than what I have become used to with other patterns.  Ah well. I an enjoying how soft these yarns are and also the fact that I'll be able to hide in plain sight everywhere with this very neutral-toned pullover :D


Once I finish the Kuutar, which hopefully is before the end of May when the KAL ends, I will once again cast on a garment for a family member: for my aunt's birthday this year, I gave her a card saying she could ask me to make her a sweater in her preferred design and colour and she picked the Sulo cardigan by Anna Johanna, so that's what I'm making for her. I already bought the yarn (Drops Merino Extra Fine) and the buttons, too. 

Aaannd of course I had to buy some yarn for myself as well while I was at it 🙈

I am planning to make a second Breeze racerback using a sea green cotton yarn (Safran from Drops) and also the Hali pullover by Leeni Hoimela at some point. I was also quite inspired by finishing the Haapsalu scarf, so I picked up an unfinished Haapsalu shawl and I'm looking through my Haapsalu lace books, pondering if I should make one to give as a gift to a dear friend of the family who is turning 70 in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment