Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Cast on, cast off.

Well! Somehow I totally missed that I hadn't posted about finishing my Ranunculus sweater way back in March. I actually wanted to take it outside to take a photo of it with some actual buttercups, but it's still a little early for those, so I settled on just the coastal meadow: 


It was a fun, quick knit which took me a week. I initially made the i-cord on the first sleeve I finished a little too tight, so I decided to rip back and redo it with larger needles and it turned out just fine. This was the first time I'd done an i-cord edge or short rows for sleeves, so that was fun too. I just have to figure out what to wear this sweater with!

And in other news, I actually cast on for another Breeze racerback a few days ago, but when I saw last night on IG that Sari Nordlund was coming up with a new racerback-style top with a lovely lace panel on the back, I decided to rip back and wait for her to publish the pattern - or maybe even try to become a test knitter. 

Also, because I was really feeling the Haapsalu lace love after finishing the scarf last week, I cast on another shawl. Whoops. The pattern on this one is called the Hepatica pattern from the book 'Knitted Shawls of Aasa Jõelaid' and I am using a gorgeous cobweb weight merino yarn in a stunning cornflower blue, which we sometimes also call 'flag blue', because ya know. It's not exactly the blue of Hepaticas (literally called blueflower in Estonian), but it was so lovely that I just had to get it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment