Sunday, January 24, 2021

State of the Project: In Between Dreams Pullover, vol. 2

Although my knitting mojo has been a bit off lately and knitting the ribbing took me foreveeerrr, I did cast off the body part of the In Between Dreams pullovern Between Dreams pullover that I am making for my cousin: 


Looks pretty, no? Now all I need to do is make the sleeves. At my current pace, it shouldn' take longer than a month or so :P

I have also been working on the Ekorre sweater a bit, but because it seems like everybody and their mom are taking part in the the Hnetur pullover KAL ('hnetur' apparently means 'nuts' in Icelandic), I have also become quite fond of the idea of making an Icelandic-style pullover. I don't know that I can be arsed with the Hnetur, because you have four different colours in the pattern at one point, but Meiju Knits has a pattern for an Icelandic-inspired pullover called Reykjavik soft that I think looks really cute. Now, these are normally knit with something like Léttlopi, but from what I gather that yarn, which is100% Icelandic wool, is super scratchy and warm and you wouldn't be able to wear the garment indoors, I might go for Drops Karisma IF (and not WHEN :P) I decide to make it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment