Thursday, January 14, 2021

Squirrels!

Fun fact about me: I am very fond of squirrels. Something about those furry little guys just warms my heart :-) 

A student organisation that I used to be a part of had a squirrel called Säde (Spark) as the mascot and I liked holding her every chance I got. Here is a picture of me and Säde after I chaired the local agora: 


And I also enjoy meeting squirrels in my job! 


All that to say that making a sweater with some squirrels on it seemed like a great idea and when I saw Anna Johanna tag the Ekorre sweater in one of her IG posts, I knew I had to make it. I ordered the yarn from the sweater from the Saara publishing house webshop that sells books about and yarns for traditional Estonian crafts and it turns out it's actually Rauma Lamull. 

I ordered two different colourways of the contrast yarn because I wasn't sure which one I would like more: 



The one on the left is called 'chestnut brown' and the one on the right is called 'squirrel brown'. After much humming and hawing, I went with the squirrel brown one. I haven't got very far because the needles used are tiny (2.75 mm), but I think you can almost see the acorns: 


So yeah, I am going to crack on with this sweater, but obviously also the In Between Dreams sweater I am making for my cousin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment