Sunday, November 1, 2020

Last-ditch Socktober efforts.

Since the dyer behind the Woolmint brand announced a little Socktotber contest in her FB group, inviting everyone who had bought yarn from her to share photos of socks they had knit using her yarn, I decided it was time to finish my Kuiske socks and to knit another pair of very basic socks from her yarn. 

After I last posted about the Kuiske socks in September, I actually frogged them early in October and started again using smaller needles, because I figured they would turn out too big with 3.5 mm needles, being lace and all. I finally finished them last night and while I do think they are cute and I really like the summery vibe of them, a solid colour would probably have been a better choice. Ah well. They are still warm and soft. 

Here's what they look like: 



And a closer look at the pattern... ish: 



I also made a second pair of socks using Woolmint Opera, her sock yarn. My inspiration for them was a bit weird. You see, I watched a knitting podcast video by a knitwear designer a few weeks ago where she talked about being surprised that another designer was selling a pattern for some very basic socks - the kind of that kids learn to knit at school in her country and which to her is pretty much public domain, because there are so many free tutorials available for making them. So I decided to try out one said free tutorial and this is what I came up with: 



Anyway. Back to mom's sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment