Sunday, November 8, 2020

A WIP that I made some progress on and a FO that I totally FOrgot about!

Well! After I frogged the previous yoke and started from scratch, I have actually made some progress on my mom's Skärgård sweater! I really like the rosy pink (her choice, by the way) and the simple but elegant colourwork yoke. I actually went home this weekend, so I asked her to try it on after I had separated for the sleeves, and the yoke length was just fine and everything fit nicely. Yay me!


Also, I also finished the Syyslaulu shawl a while ago, but somehow never got round to writing about it! I went to the island of Kihnu again with my doggie in early October and I got a decent amount of knitting done on the boat and on the bus, so I decided to take an artsy picture of the then as yet unfinished shawl in nature:


And here's the finished object: 


I thought I could wear it under my jacket, but it's a little too large for that. However, it is kind of perfect for wearing under my new grey coat. 

Here is a closer look at the lace portion: 


And just to give you an idea of how big it is, blocking it took most of my couch:  


Up next: finishing mom's sweater, also the first clue for the Stark Baking Mad MKAL will be published next week, and I also can't wait to get started on my Ekorre sweater




No comments:

Post a Comment