Saturday, October 17, 2020

Shawls and more shawls. And posh yarn!

I finished the Syyslaulu shawl today! As if one shawl was not enough, I also signed up for a mystery shawl KAL inspired by The Great British Bake Off!

The pattern calls for a main colour and two contrasting colours of fingering weight yarn. I wanted something a bit different, so decided to order some Kettu Yarns. Although the yarn is called Everyday Sock Merino (75% superwash merino, 25% nylon), it's still one of the most boujee yarns in my stash, being hand dyed and all. The colourways I chose are Heather, No Cream No Sugar and Finnish Forest: 


In other news, I decided with a heavy heart to frog my mom's Skärgård sweater, because the colourwork yoke turned out too short. While Drops Baby Merino is actually pretty stretchy, the colourwork part, which obviously combines two yarns, is somewhat more rigid and it wouldn't look too good when blocked too hard, so I swapped my 3.5 mm needles for 4.0 mm ones and started over. I really want to finish the sweater before the Stark Baking Mad MKAL begins in November, but I have work and also stuff to do for my side gig, so I'm not 100% sure if can swing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment