Wednesday, October 7, 2020

So much for stash busting...

I just can't help myself! 

I was knitting the Syyslaulu shawl yesterday and while I am kind of living for the colour gradient and the stripes, I decided that this is not what I want for the Ekorre sweater. I decided that I want a light grey background and a contrasting brown for the pattern. They would also need to be rather fine yarns and preferably 100% wool. So I searched some webshops and found Rauma Røros Lamullgarn, which is sold by the publishing house where I bought the red yarns for the Suolaulu sweater and is 100% lamb's wool, 250 per 50 grams. I bought five skeins of a lovely light sheep grey for the main colour and one skein of chestnut brown and one skein of squirrel brown. Once the yarn gets here, I will see which one I like more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment