Sunday, June 14, 2020

State of the Project: Fleuriste cardigan, part V - the finale!



Woop woop, three weeks after casting it on, I finished the boring bits (e.g. sewing on the sleeves and the buttons) and blocked the cardigan last night! Oh by the way I bought new buttons because I ended up something that was  a little more natural looking than the acrylic dark blue ones. 

I have to give Sari Nordlund props for the pattern - I was very impressed with how much love and work had gone into it. I mean, she graded it for nine different sizes and included regular charts as well as written charts for the laced parts! I thought the instructions were very clear and she included links to videos showing how to do the three needle bind off for the shoulders. All in all, the pattern was well worth the price tag.

I also enjoyed learning a couple of new things as I was making the cardigan - like doing the aforementioned three needle bind off and using the mattress stitch to sew the sleeves to the body. I clearly still don't know how to make the button band look nice though.

Anyway, it's a real scorcher out there today and the weather is meant to stay warm, so I don't know when I will be able to wear this cardigan, but it's so pretty and I love it! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment