Wednesday, June 24, 2020

More vintage crochet from The Moody Knitter!



While at my family's summer residence for Midsummer Night, I also came across these two bunnies that were made by me when I was but a youngling. Well, when I say "came across" I actually mean that they hang out on the couch where I usually sleep, but I digress.

At the time I made these bunnies, I was not yet aware of the word amigurumi. I found the pattern in a book called "Väike lihavõtteraamat" (Little Book of Easter), which was written by Anne Karu and Liivi Soova and published in 1992. I would have been six or seven years old at the time. The book, which was published one year after the end of the Soviet era - a time when celebrating religious holidays was not really a thing - talks about the history of Easter and offers ideas for celebrating it, as well as recipes for Easter foods and some patterns for toys and other decorations. I loved reading the Little Book of Easter, but even more so the Little Book of Christmas, which had been published the year before. I read the book several times, so I can't be sure exactly when I made them, but they are for sure at least 20 years old.









No comments:

Post a Comment