Tuesday, January 28, 2020

What's next?

I don't like to sit around idly (at least not lately, ha) and there are so many beautiful projects out there in the world that I'm going to start my next one tonight, namely the Pride and Prejudice socks by Niina Laitinen, a prolific and talented Finnish designer. She has designed several KAL stockings for different holidays and published three books, the third of which should come out in these parts this autumn. The Pride and Prejudice pattern is from her second book and was pretty much the main reason why I purchased said book. The peacocks look absolutely gorgeous!

Technically this is cheating a little, because I already started this project earlier this month. I ordered the yarns at 3:30 AM on the 1st of January, but after restarting the project three times because the leg kept turning out too small I have decided that I hate the colour combination I chose, namely Drops Fabel in fall orange and Drops Delight in a blue-teal-green ombre which is very peacock-y. I thought two contrasting colours would look nice together, but they are actually too loud. The pattern colour needs a more subtle background - no wonder I've mostly seen these socks in black or white. I decided to make them with a white background and use a purple to pink ombre for the peacocks. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment