Friday, January 17, 2020

Intro and my 2020 projects.

Well hello there, internet.

My name is Moody and I like to knit when the mood strikes me. Occasionally the things I make even turn out looking okay enough to wear. 

The idea of this blog came about when I bought one of those "Be your own boss" notebooks for 2020 and started thinking about all the stuff I want to get done this year. To be honest, my 2020 goals mostly involved money (and not spending it on yarn, ha!) and books, but I did do a list of UFO's (aka unfinished objects) and patterns that I had my eye on. Having a blog seemed like a good way to keep myself accountable and also sometimes post pictures of stuff I've made. Heck, maybe to even to find like-minded individuals?

So without further ado, here is a list of projects that I currently have on my plate (or needles as it were): 
  • The Winter Escape cardigan cardigan by Drops Design. I saw this pattern last Friday and knew I had to make it, because that yellow colour is just too darn pretty and I know it would make me so happy in the cold, dark, snowless winter. I am currently halfway done with the yoke. This is the project I want to finish first, because I want to be able to wear it to a thing in February.
  • The Pride and Prejudice socks by Niina Laitinen. This is a pattern from her second book, Satumaiset silmukat (Fairy-tale stitches), and even though I don't really wear stockings, I saw so many people post beautiful photos of these ones that I decided to make them, too. 
  • The Ocean Breeze jacket by Drops Design. I'm not actually a huge fan of knitting with cotton yarn (or cotton yarn in general), but in some moment of temporary insanity I decided to crochet a top last year, and ordered some. The top never ended up happening, so I searched for a summery knitting pattern for which I could use the same yarn, and this is what I came up with.
I also have some projects planned that aren't on the needles yet. More on that in future posts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment