Sunday, January 19, 2020

State of the Project: Winter Escape Jacket I



Since this project is the most time sensitive, kinda, I figured I would start with this one.

I was browsing the Drops Design website last Friday and came across the Winter Escape sweater pattern, which immediately caught my eye because it is such a happy, bright spot of colour. After some hemming and hawing I decided I needed one and ordered the yarns right away. 

I received the yarns the next day and by then, I had decided that I wanted to make this design in cardigan form, because I actually already made myself a sweater last November (the Solfest) and I figured I didn't need a second one. Well, after casting on the stitches and finishing the neck I immediately regretted my decision, because knitting stockinette stitch back and forth with different colours is actually super annoying. However, I kept going and tried to make some time for the cardigan each day this week.

I finished the yoke yesterday. Making the yoke was quite the chore, but here we are: I got to the part where I made the armholes and there isn't much colourwork left to do on the body. Doing the pattern on the sleeves is going to be much easier in the round from the right side :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment