Monday, January 27, 2020

State of the Project: Winter Escape III, the finale.

Well, it's done! The sleeves were easy, of course, although if I'm being honest the holes under the arm where I had to make six extra stitches and then pick them up as I was making the sleeves are a little too big. 

Because I wanted to stretch and block the jacket a bit, I decided to soak it in warm water with some wool shampoo. I was worried that the colours would bleed into one another so I asked the hive mind in the Drops Workshop FB group and was advised to knit a tester and soak that first. So I did, and the colours didn't bleed. I also used a colour catching sheet. 

Now I  just figure out what to do with all the yarn I have left over :D

Thing is, I used Drops Nepal, which is a lovely, pretty chunky (150 metres in 100 grams) blend of wool and alpaca, which makes it soft and warm, but also makes it felt easily (as I've actually seen with the last jumper I made) and kind of unsuitable for socks, which are some of my favourite patterns to make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment