Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Yarn Haul 🙈

Well, well, well. 

I went a bit crazy with more than just the patterns last week, and I bought "a few" skeins of yarn, which I received yesterday and today. Yay!


From left to right: I bought two skeins of yarn from a local manufacturer called Aade Lõng  They make several types of yarn, but his particular one is called Artistic and it is 100% wool and fingering weight. The skein on the left is in the colourway "Black-purple", and the other one is in the colourway "Sheep". Although I really like the "Sheep" colourway, I was actually expecting it to be a bit darker and cooler toned based on the photo on the website - so it would match my doggie, pictured below with a minion:


My plan is to use the black-purple skein to make a slightly less snug, more wintry version of the Fleuriste cardi. Whoops. As for the other one, its future is unknown as yet.

The other seven skeins are 7-Veljestä Pohjola yarn from Novita. 7-Veljestä (which means Seven Brothers like the Finnish literary classic by Aleksis Kivi) is Novita's multi-use Aran weight yarn and Pohjola (meaning The North) was a special line of gradient dyed yarns which Novita released for their 90th anniversary, which is meant to reflect Finnish nature. I got the yarn in the colourway "Halti" - I am guessing that it is named after Halti fell, Finland's highest peak. As I wrote in the previous post, my plan is to use this yarn to make the Wayne sweater.  I actually can't wait to cast it on, even though I only have one half of the lace edge for my scarf more or less ready and it is the middle of summer!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment