Sunday, July 5, 2020

More Distractions.

Ooff. My Haapsalu scarf is well underway, but I have already found not one, not two, but three sock patterns that I would like to knit. Funnily enough, all three were designed by Finnish ladies. 

First, I spotted this KAL by Lumi Karmitsa on Facebook. It is still ongoing, but from what I have seen the socks look gorgeous and the pattern is pretty challenging. I love a challenge when it comes to socks, so I might take a look at my leftover yarn and make them once I have finished the scarf . 

Secondly, I saw on Instagram that Sari Nordlund, the designer of the Fleuriste cardigan, has also published a Fleuriste sock pattern as part of her summer sock KAL, which includes four patterns altogether. Now, I have two skeins of Drops Flora left over from the cardigan, and it would be nice to have socks in a similar colour as the cardigan, but Flora is not the greatest yarn for making socks, so I may use the rust coloured Fabel which I originally wanted to use as the background colour for my Pride and Prejudice socks. 

Last but not least, I saw this lace sock pattern by Sisko Sälpäkivi on the Novita Knits FB page and immediately wanted to make them. I have more than enough suitable white worsted weight yarn in my stash, so I might make them when I finish the Gryffindor socks, for which I have already bought the pattern and the yarn, and the Fleuriste socks. Oh, and of course the Rose Blush vest. Oh and I think I also want to make one of the hats designed by Sari Nordlund, to use up the Flora yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment