Saturday, July 11, 2020

Pattern Haul :D

It was payday a few days ago and also I finished the main part of my Haapsalu scarf, so this week I went a little crazy and bought three knitting patterns created by none other than Sari Nordlund. 

The first one was, of course, the pattern for the Fleuriste socks, which are so cute and which I intend to make after finishing the shawl. 

After that, I also bought the pattern for the Kiuru hat, which I am going to make for myself to wear in the autumn from the two skeins of Drops Flora yarn that were left over from the Fleuriste cardi. Kiuru is the Finnish word for "lark". There is also a Kiuru pullover, but I decided to skip on that one, because...

This morning, I also bought the pattern for her Wayne pullover, which was inspired by the pullovers that young Bruce Wayne wears in the TV series Gotham. I saw that pullover quite a few times when binging Sari's YouTube videos and it had been on the back of my mind for some time now, so I decided to take the plunge and order the pattern and also the yarn. In her video, Sari used a DK weight merino yarn which had been dyed especially for her, but I decided to go with Pohjola from Novita, which is supposed to be an Aran weight yarn. I am a little confused, because the yardage per gram is exactly the same - both yarns weigh 100 grams per 200 metres -, but one is meant to be 11 wpi and the other is meant to be 8 wpi. I guess the wpi difference just means my pullover is going to be slightly bulkier  and warmer than hers?

Anyway; my next task is actually making the lace edge for the scarf.

I decided to forgo the KAL socks by Lumi Karmitsa, because a) she deleted the pattern from the FB group and it is only available for purchase right now. As much as I liked the look of those socks, I don't feel like spending money on the pattern when I think I may be too lazy to actually make them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment