Sunday, April 19, 2020

Loose Ends: Helene Knit Shawl.

Oh how lucky you readers are (she typed into the void), for getting three consecutive posts from me in one week! :D

As part of my effort to finish up unfinished stuff, I picked up this lovely shawl which I actually made a few years ago, but I hadn't got round to picking up the needle and hiding the loose threads and blocking the shawl. This shawl is made with Sandnes Garn Mini Alpakka. The yarn and pattern were part of a set that was made for a Mother's Day KAL in 2017. I ordered it that year, planning to make it for my dear mother, but somehow I didn't finish it for Mother's Day and since then, it has been just sort of hanging around in my closet. Well, now I can send it to her as a present for this Mother's Day!

To block the shawl, I used my sofa and a duvet cover with a tartan pattern: 


I actually do also have a blocking frame for lace shawls and scarves, but I was too lazy to put it together :P

And here is the finished product. I don't like how the edges turned out, and seam between the two pieces that form the outer edge could have been a little straighter, but hey ho such is life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment